Linda De Los Reyes recently did what many of us have been dying for – a review of “fashion forward” camera bags, for the National Association of Professional Child Photographers (NAPCP). That’s right, a camera bag that you can match with that summer dress or even your office wear.
Shopping for a lady photographer? If you aren’t ready to shell out a lot of cash to get that latest lens or DSLR for your friend, daughter, girlfriend or wife who’s into photography, here are some fabulous and affordable gift ideas.
re:vision lens cuffs, $219. Once you wear it, it’ll be like having a lens for an arm!
Shootsac bags by Jessica Claire, $209. A fashionable and function photography bag every girl should have.
BlackRapid’s RS-W1 Camera Strap, $58.95, designed specially for women.
(more on the RS-W1 here)
Fun and stylish camera straps from High Key, $29.95
Funky camera straps from Zoe’s Collection, $27.99
Photography-themed tees from Threadless.
Have more suggestions to make? Drop me a comment with your Christmas wishlist!
Check out more great gift ideas from Chiq Clicks’ Shop HERE.
For days you want make a fashion statement, here are ten really cute photography themed tees for ladies.
1. Nature Photography from Threadless, perfect for nature lovers!
2. In the Eye of the Aperture from Threadless, let light into your day!
3. My Lover from Threadless.
4. Photographer from Threadless. If all our cameras had legs, we wouldn’t need tripods!
5. Polaroid land camera from filmmonsters (Etsy).
6. Seagull camera shirt from vital (Etsy).
7. Lady Lotus Rolleiflex camera t-shirt from ladylotus (Etsy).
10. The Camera Made Me Do It from Forever21. Although it seems sold-out on most websites, you might still be able to find it at a local Forever21 outlet.
- Do you feel like an artist when you start editing a photo on Photoshop?
- Do you feel God-like when you turn a photo from boring into extraordinary?
- Do you feel superior to others because you own Photoshop?
- Do you frequently show off your before (Photoshop editing) and after photos to your loved ones?
If you’ve answered yes to more than 1 of the questions above, chances are like me, you have a God-like complex when it comes to Photoshop.
We all know that editing a photo can take from a couple of minutes to hours on end until we’ve created the “it” photo. Chiq Clicks found a great accessory that could help you shorten that editing time. Behold, the ultimate keyboard skin for Photoshop divas…
Instead of numbers and alphabets, this keyboard skin has Photoshop shortcuts. Suitable for a range of MacBooks and for applications such as Photoshop, Final Cut Pro and Lightroom. Available from the fabulous, Photojojo!
Do you want this Photoshop keyboard skin? If you answer yes then congrats, you are 100% a Photoshop diva!
p.s- If you’re still trying to figure your way around Photoshop, check out these Chiq Clicks recommended books on Photoshop.
Many thanks to all participants of the lavender daisy prop hat contest! Your enthusiasm and and support made Chiq Clicks’ first ever contest an amazingly fun one.
Here are the winners of:
- Posh Little Tutus’ Lavender Wishes Infant Daisy Prop Hat: Haniela
- Bonus gift – Chiq Clicks Camera Charm necklace: Ian Aberle
Many congrats to all the winners and of course to Posh Little Tutus for their amazing gift. Head over to Posh Little Tutus to check out their other fantastic props for babies and infants.
As the response for this contest was so great, Chiq Clicks will host another contest soon, giving away 2 Hufa lens cap clips. It’s so nifty! You’ll never lose your lens caps again.
Watch this space for the contest announcement!
Are you an infant/ toddler photographer? A proud parent of your little angel? Or know anyone who has a baby you’d like to decorate with an adorable hat? We’ve got just the thing for you.
Posh Little Tutus is sponsoring one of their best products, the Lavender Wishes Infant Daisy Prop Hat specially for ChiqClicks’ readers. It’s soft, stretchy and blooming with dozens of lavender daisies!
WIN it by just dropping a comment on this post telling me what you think of the hat.
You can earn extra entries (to make your chances of winning higher) by:
- Re-posting the link on this post on Facebook. Look for the link here and click on ‘Share’
- re-tweeting this (copy and paste): RT @chiqclicks Win a baby prop hat that’s soft, stretchy and blooming with dozens of daisies from @poshlittletutus! http://ht.ly/2tSac
- or/ and following @chiqclicks on Twitter here.
As a special bonus - all entries stand a chance to win this gorgeous ChiqClicks exclusive silver Camera Charm Necklace with an elegant clear Swarovski crystal accent.
Contest ends on 30th August 2010 (CLOSED)
* Participants can be male or female (we love ALL our readers, Chiqs and Diqs)
* Winners will be chosen randomly using the Randomizer
* Winners will be announced on this blog.
* Winners will be emailed for their shipping address. If he/she does not respond within 1 week, a new winner will be chosen.
* Winner of the Lavender Wishes Infant Daisy Prop Hat will be have the item shipped to him/her by Posh Little Tutus
* Winner of the Camera Charm Necklace will have the item shipped to him/her by ChiqClicks from Malaysia via registered mail.
Interested in sponsoring a giveaway? Drop me an email at editor[at]chiqclicks[dot]com
BlackRapid recently launched RS-W1, a camera strap designed specially for women.
Part of the award winning R-Strap line, the RS-W1 is the world’s first camera strap that focuses on theperfect fit for the female. While maintaining the traditional “Built for Speed” design, our designers added a sleek curve highlighted with an elegant but slight pattern accent. This RS-W1 provides comfort, speed, and durability along with graceful styling. (source: Black Rapid)
Carli Morgan from Digital Wedding Forum dubbed it “the boob strap” claiming we no longer need to remove our right breast like the Amazon women to survive the battlefield and the photofield as the RS-W1 “stays neatly between your breast, and allows you to keep your camera safely off of the ground while your hands are free”.
As a plus, the strap comes with a leaf-like pattern design and according to Outdoor Photo Gear, “ripstop nylon and bomb-proof webbing“. Boob-friendly and bomb-proof, check out the video on its features below.
You can get the RS-W1 for $59.00 here
While our Lowepro and ThinkTank camera bags are comfortable to lug our precious cameras around in, sometimes it is not discreet enough. Although there are many decent camera bag designs, they still generally sport the black and square look which screams “There’s an expensive camera in here!”.
For those looking to keep your cameras in lessÂ conspicuousÂ carriers, try using padded camera inserts to keep your gear protected in your more casual sling bags, shoulder bags, handbags or backpacks.
Those looking for cheaper options and gifted with crafty hands could try making the inserts. Creating Happiness blog has a great detailed tutorial on how to make your own inserts here.
So now there’s nothing stopping you from carrying your camera around in style!
Stay tuned next week for when Sherrie shares her top picks of handbags to carry your camera in.